20th anniversary remastered edition of Underworld’s album
Dubnobasswithmyheadman – technically Underworld‘s third LP under that name, but to all intents and purposes their debut proper – turns 20 this year. It’s a crucial record in their recording history – their first with Darren Emerson as a member, and their first to fully throw its lot in with Continental techno sounds, as opposed to flamboyant electropop. Marrying dancefloor heft with proper songwriting, it’s a club/pop crossover landmark, and pointed the way towards the band’s superior follow-up, 1996′s Second Toughest in the Infants.
According to Underworld’s website , the band will toast the anniversary with a full reissue of the record in October. The freshly polished Dubnobasswithmyheadman has been remastered at Abbey Road from the original MIDI files. The 5xCD deluxe edition is the one to grab, with bonus goodies including: a CD of unreleased recordings and alternate versions dating from 1991-1993; a previously unreleased rehearsal recording dating back to 1993; a full collection of the band’s 1991-1994 singles releases; and the requisite glossy book and revamped artwork.
In addition to the reissue, Messrs Hyde and Smith will play Dubnobasswithmyheadman end-to-end at the Royal Festival Hall on October 11. The show will mark the first time the band have performed the album in full.
Pre-order a 20th anniversary remastered edition of Dubnobasswithmyheadman on underworldlive.com before 2nd July and get access to a limited number of tickets to the show 24 hours before they go on general sale.
(Tickets are available to Southbank members on 2nd July, underworldlive.com pre-orders on 3rd July and general sale from 4th July)
The Super Deluxe edition is now back in stock on underworldlive.com along with the deluxe 2-CD, CD, Vinyl & audio Blu-ray… all formats released on 6th Oct 2014.
Read more about the release and show here http://po.st/DubNoBass20
Dubnobass… 20th anniversary editions also available from amazonhttp://po.st/qakWzk and other retailers
1. Dark & Long
2. Mmm…Skyscraper I Love You
6. Dirty Epic
8. River Of Bass
CD2 Singles 1991 – 1994
1. The Hump (Wild Beast)
2. Eclipse (Released As Lemon Interrupt)
4. Dirty (Released As Lemon Interrupt)
6. Dark & Long (Hall’s Edit)
7. Dark & Long (Dark Train)
CD3 Remixes 1992 – 1994
1. Mmm…Skyscraper I Love You (Jam Scraper)
2. Cowgirl (Irish Pub In Kyoto Mix)
3. Dark & Long (Most ‘Ospitable Mix)
4. Mmm…Skyscraper I Love You (Telegraph 16.11.92)
5. Dark & Long (Burts Mix)
6. Dogman Go Woof
7. Dark & Long (Thing In A Book Mix)
CD4 Previously Unreleased Recordings
1. Concord (3 Comp75 id9 A1771 Aug 93A)
2. Dark & Long(1struffid3A15512)
3. Mmm…Skyscraper I Love You (A1765 Sky Version id4. Harmone6 COMP43)
4. Mmm…Skyscraper I Love You (After sky id6 1551 2)
5. Can You Feel Me? (from A4796)
6. Birdstar (A1558 Nov 92B.1)
7. Dirty Epic (Dirty Ambi Piano A1764 Oct 91)
8. Spoonman (version1 A1559 Nov92)
9. Organ (Eclipse version from A4796)
CD5 Live Jam Kyme Rd (Previously unreleased live rehearsal recorded in the band’s home studio in 1993)
1.Mmm…Skyscraper I Love You
5.Big Meat Show